NOTES on SOULDERN, OXON
From the earliest period to the present time,
J. H. and A. P. GOUGH
- Chapter I Early History—Ancient Remains.
- Chapter II Derivation of Name—Description of the Village—Feast Days, etc.
- Chapter III Church History—List of Clergy—the Rev. Jeffrey Shaw—Description of the Church—Monumental Inscriptions—Register.
- Chapter IV Manor, from the conquest to the present date—Roman Catholic Chapel.
- Chapter V Elections.
- Chapter VI Charities.
- Chapter VII Pedigrees.
- Chapter VIII Animals, Birds, and Fishes.
Reprinted with Corrections and Emendations, from the “Bicester Herald.”
This book is part of the collection held by the Bodleian Libraries and scanned as part of the Google Books Library Project.
For more information see: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/dbooks
The original PDF scan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial - ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) licence.
The original PDF is available at the Bodleian site, this was processed for this site with Adobe Acrobat to produce a PDF with text search (14MB) generated from an OCR scan of the document, available under the same licence as the original.
The PDF has been reprocessed using Google Docs OCR and the resulting text corrected and marked up as HTML for this site. The formatting uses a serif style and similar text width to the original, but does not attempt to preserve line and page breaks. Some care has been taken to check the transcription against the PDF scan, but some errors probably remain and may be reported via the web form on this site.